My life is much more than my professional activities and accomplishments, but here is a summary of some of those. This isn’t the person with whom I primarily identify. But it is certainly part of my story and may, therefore, be of interest.
For more about David, see About, My Journey, and My Family.
- Held faculty appointments at York University, University of Toronto, McMaster University Divinity College, Redeemer University College, Wheaton College, Psychological Studies Institute (Richmont Graduate University), the Centre for Studies in Religion and Society, University of Victoria, The Richard Rohr Living School for Action and Contemplation.
- Served as visiting lecturer at Charles University (Prague, Czech Republic), The University of Cape Town (South Africa), Rhodes University (South Africa), The University of Oslo (Oslo, Norway), Northwestern College (USA), National University of Singapore (Singapore), Ashland Theological Seminary (Ashland, USA), Alliance Graduate School (Manila, Philippines), Covenant College (Hong Kong), Comenius University (Bratislava, Slovak Republic), University College (Cardiff, Wales, UK), the Trauma Centre for Victims of Violence and Torture (Cape Town, South Africa), Tao Fong Shan Centre for Christian Spirituality and Interfaith Dialogue (Hong Kong) and Vancouver School of Theology (University of British Columbia, Canada).
- Clinical appointments have included serving as Chief Psychologist at Child and Adolescent Services (Hamilton, ON), Senior Psychologist at Queen Street Mental Health Centre (Toronto), Clinical Director for The Institute for Eating Disorders (Carol Stream, IL), Clinical Director and Senior Psychologist for the Eating Disorders Unit, Glen Oaks Hospital (Carol Stream, IL), and Staff Psychologist at Thistletown Regional Centre for Children and Adolescents (Toronto).
- Consulting appointments have included the Children in War Zones Program of the Centre for International Health (McMaster University), Charter Barclay Hospital (Chicago), Canadian Department of National Defence (Toronto), Hershey Medical School (Pennsylvania State University, Hershey, Pennsylvania), Glen Oaks Hospital (Glendale Heights, IL), The Clinical Theology Association (Oxford, UK), Modum Bad Klinikken Psyckiatrisk (Modum Bad, Norway).
- Was the founding Director of the Institute for Psychospiritual Health (Toronto), founding Chair of the Graduate Department of Psychological Studies at Wheaton College (Wheaton, IL), Founding Executive Editor of the journal, Conversations, Founding/Charter Member of the International Society for the Study of Multiple Personality Disorder (subsequently, International Society for the Study of Trauma and Dissociation).
- Citations and honours include being named in International Men of Achievement, The Directory of Distinguished Americans, The International Book of Honour, Dictionary of International Biography, International Directory of Distinguished Leadership, Who’s Who Among Human Service Professionals, and Who’s Who in Theology and Science.
- Served as a delegate to the Truth and Reconciliation Commission of Canada hearings regarding the residential schools that were run by the government and churches between 1870 and 1996. Also served in a consulting capacity to the South African Truth and Reconciliation process.
- Presently (since 2003) serve as the Critical Incident Management Consultant for the global adventure tourism company, G Adventures (Toronto, Canada).
- Presently (since 2016) serve as the Founding Director and Senior Mentor/Teacher for CASCADIA LIVING WISDOM SCHOOL (Toronto, Canada).